Automatic Download

Hello!

I’m a film editor and the DIT on set will upload MXF proxies for me over night.
It would be great, if these files would get downloaded automatically on my disk, so when I’m coming to my edit suite in the morning, everything is already downloaded and I could immediately start working and don’t have to wait for the download.

That’s how I’m normally working with FTP upload / download - everything is syncing automatically on my disk.

I’m working with Avid Media Composer so there is no App integration but a watch folder function for downloads in the Transfer app would help a lot.

Or is there any possibility with Zapier integrations?

best regards,
Marty

1 Like

Hey Marty!

Thanks for the feedback, do you mind actually submitting it via this form though? This way it will go directly to the product team through the right channels.

Thanks,
Jeff

Just saw that come in, thanks Marty!

Hello!
We are thinking about using Frame.io for a feature film.
The DIT would upload the MXF files and audio during the day / over night.
And I’m looking for a way to automatically sync / download that on my disk.
So we could start working immediately in the morning and don’t need to wait for the download.
Is this feature possible somehow, now?

Best
Marty

Hey Marty, while we don’t have anything available currently as a product that can do this, I did hack something together a few weeks that does automatic download of new assets added to a project by combining our Python SDK, our webhoooks, and our API together combined with ngrok for exposing that server over a publicly accessible endpoint.

It needs a little more polish and documentation before it’s shareable but I can try and get that out by next week.

1 Like

Good!

That sounds so nice thank you for your work Jhodge, were you able to finish it?

Hi jhodges. Did you manage to get this feature working?